2013年7月20日 星期六

The muji Product Fitness 80 Page

I was browsing the Muji website this morning and realize they have this Muji Product Fitness 80 Page that I have never seen before.
http://www.muji.net/lab/fitness80/en/
It turns out Muji has implemented ways to minimize their design to promote sustainability and reduces wastes. I like the idea so much. Reducing waste + Minimalistic = My Fav!

Twistable lightweight bottle design
It is not something new. The first time I have seen it is from the Bonaqua Water Bottle Design. This design encourages the users to reduce their impact on the environment and save recycling space by twisting and shrinking the bottle.
Speaking of this type of reducing material uses and encouraging recycling, it keeps me wonder if one day it would be possible to have people bringing their own sterilized/cleaned bottles to the stores and just purchase the liquid the sellers.
Downsized card
I am not particularly sold to this idea. Primarily because I am the kind of person who does not like to have cards at all. Plus it can get quite clumsy when the cards are not in a uniform size and you will have to search through the pocket to hunt down the card. It would only work if most cards issuers begin to downsized together and then the wallet designers customized for the change accordingly. It would be even greater if one day, all the different card details can be encrypted into a single card (although that probably embarks a lot of security issues...).

Shorter Cotton Bud 
This is just sweet. How come I never realize that most cotton Bud are unnecessarily long? Come to think about it, a lot of the tools that we used in our daily life also have extra dimensions that can be cut in order to save materials, for example: straws, usb cord (this might be a bit debatable. haha), towels, toothpicks, spoon, etc. Although it is quite counter-intuitive to think that, actually most manufacturers have already think about each dimensions accordingly before producing the final products, but I think it doesn't hurt to redesign and re-modified to suit the current situation.

Fewer ring binders
I seldom buy notebooks and I mostly just use recycled paper if I have too. I am not very fond of writing on papers but I think it is an absolute good ideas to reduces the number of ring binders, plus it's easier to pull of the sheets of paper !


沒有留言:

張貼留言